EOS Proxymon: A Proxy Monitoring Bot
We are happy to introduce a Telegram bot that notifies users when balance on their EOS account(s) gets less than 5 EOS through direct messages on Telegram. We are going to add additional features such as configurable thresholds for specific accounts and alert notifications.
- eos api node (cleos)
- telegram channel
Step 1: Installation
sudo apt-get install jq
Make scripts dir:
sudo mkdir /opt/proxymon
sudo chown myuser:myuser /opt/proxymon
Clone git repository to scripts dir:
git clone https://github.com/everstake/proxymon.git /opt/proxymon
Create a telegram chanel and a bot:
- Open the Telegram App and press the menu button in the upper left corner
- Then rress the "New Channel" button and choose the name for your brand new channel
- Use BotFather to create a bot
- After the creation of bot you will receive the botkey, a token to access the HTTP API
- Tap on the "start" button to launch the bot
Step 2: Configuration
Set variables in config.ini:
where TRESHOLD is the minimun balance of the account.
If you need to check only your account you cat set the YOURACCOUNT variable with you account name.
Follow news and updates from Everstake by subscribing to the newsletter on our website and join the discussion on our social channels through the links below.