How to Stake Casper (CSPR) on Ledger Nano S
Ledger Nano X/S is a hardware wallet to store, buy, exchange, and stake crypto assets in the safest way possible. In this guide, we will walk you through the CSPR delegation process with a Ledger device. The process structure is similar to standard staking with Chrome extension that you’re probably familiar with.
What do you need to prepare beforehand:
- You have initialized your Ledger Nano X/S;
- Latest firmware on your Ledger Nano X/S;
- Chrome browser.
First things first, let’s install the Casper Signer app on your Ledger:
1. Connect and unlock your device.
2. Press the right button to allow Ledger Manager on your device.
3. Find Casper in the list of the apps.
4. Click the “Install” button.
Installation window should appear, and the ledger device should display “Processing…”. Wait until the installation is confirmed.
Connect Ledger to cspr.live
- Open Casper app on your Ledger device.
- Go to cspr.live and click “Sign in”.
3. Click “Connect” on the Ledger section.
4. Click “Connect to Ledger Wallet”.
5. Choose your Ledger device and click connect.
After this, you might be asked to choose an account you want to connect to or generate a new one. In this guide, you can find tips on creating a new account.
How to stake CSPR
Delegate tokens on cspr.live: the process is almost the same as in normal staking with the Casper Signer Chrome extension.
1. Click “Wallet” in the header navigation.
2. Select “Delegate Stake” in the dropdown menu (or choose validator of your choice on validators list, click on it, and then press “Delegate Stake” – this way you won’t need to copy-past the validator address).
3. Enter the validator's public key in the “Validator” field or click on the field and choose your validator from the list.
In this guide, we stake with Everstake validator for reference.
Everstake’s public key/address is:
4. Enter the number of tokens you want to delegate in the “Amount” field. Casper Network does not have a minimum staking threshold, but you should take into account the network’s fee for delegation and similar transactions, which is 2.5 CSPR per transaction currently.
We also recommend keeping a minimum of 5–10 CSPR liquid in your balance, since further unstaking may not be possible with an account balance of less than that.
5. Check transaction details and if everything is correct click “Confirm and Delegate Stake”.
6. Click “Sign with Ledger”
7. Review transaction details on your ledger device screen are correct (hash, chain ID, delegator, fee, validator, and amount): keep clicking the right button on your Ledger and checking details until the “Approve” message appears, and then click again – now you approved delegation.
8. After approving delegation on your Ledger device cspr.live web wallet should display a “Delegation completed!” screen.
Success! Now you’re staking and earning more CSPR :)
❗️ Please note that there is a waiting period of 1 era (≈2 hours), after which the tokens will be staked. You will be able to track rewards in ≈4-6 hours.
❗️ Also, a waiting period of ≈14 hours is required before unstaking tokens, for safety reasons.
How to unstake CSPR?
The unstaking process is quite similar to the delegation with minor differences. Here are the steps:
1. Connect your Ledger device to cspr.live.
2. Click on the “Wallet” section in the header navigation and select “Undelegate Stake” in the drop-down menu.
3. Select a validator: click on the validator field to see a list of validators to whom you have delegated tokens.
4. Enter the amount you want to undelegate and click “Next”.
5. Click “Confirm and Undelegate Stake” after checking the transaction details.
6. Sign the undelegation with your Ledger device: keep clicking the right button on your Ledger device until the “Approve” message appears, then click the right button again.
7. Now cspr.live should display “Undelegation completed!” screen.
Congratulations, you did it!
❗️ Undelegated tokens will become transferable in 14-16 hours.
Hope it was useful! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a message in our telegram support chat and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Our support rangers work 24/7 365 days a year – you can be sure you’ll get help 😉
Everstake and CasperLabs
Everstake is one of Casper’s validators that participated in the first round of private Casper token sales back in October 2020.
CSPR token holders and institutional investors can delegate their tokens to the Everstake validator pool. The rewards APY at the time of writing is ≈10-11%, and Everstake is ranked 2nd in the list of validators by the total stake.
Everstake in CSPR.live explorer.
Casper (CSPR) page on Everstake website.
Everstake is a large staking provider run by an experienced blockchain, IT, and fintech development team.
The team is actively involved in various crypto projects, develops solutions to improve the process of handling PoS blockchains, and provides validator services. Everstake works with almost all major PoS blockchains: Solana (SOL), Ethereum (ETH), Chainlink (LINK), Cosmos (ATOM), Tezos (XTZ), Near Protocol (NEAR), Band Protocol (BAND), Elrond (EGLD) and many others.
With over 525,000 delegators and a total stake in digital assets equivalent to ≈ $6.2 Billion (as of March 2022), Everstake is one of the most ambitious and promising projects in the crypto industry nowadays.
The Everstake team strives to simplify the delegation process for token holders and provide convenient services for staking monitoring. Newbies can also find helpful guides in different languages in the Everstake blog on Medium to help them figure out how to stake certain tokens in various crypto wallets.
Subscribe to Everstake on social networks to receive the latest news from the world of cryptocurrencies and read useful staking guides!